Happy late memorial day weekend! Phil and I were at a middle school camp with our students. And man, am I tired now! But it was incredible. We left Friday morning at 8am, (Phil got to drive a sweet van), and we got back at around noon on Monday. Inbetween was a lot of running around, JUMPING, singing, games, girl talk (that would be for me, not so much for Phil), and other middle-school sorts of things.
I was really impressed this weekend by our middle schoolers. I tend to focus a little more on the high school students...I feel like they can be a little more "serious." But I was so amazed by the depth of some of our students this weekend...and I am so humbled to be a part of their experience. I got to meet with each of my girls one on one...what an incredible opportunity to get to pray with them about their current concerns and their future. I keep thinking of those people who spent time praying with me...so weird that God could maybe use me like that.
Anyway, I'm off to make some of Marci's homemade pizza. :) We miss everybody!
1 comment:
How was the pizza? So glad you had a great weekend. Those retreats can be exhausting, but so rewarding. Can't wait to see you guys. Hey, 1 year anniversary is coming up soon!
Love you so much,
Mom
Post a Comment