I'm having one of those contemplative phases again.
Anyone else ever feel like you're so busy trying to minister that you lose it yourself? I was sitting at a worship concert thing last night...thinking about my message for tomorrow, thinking about our ministry, thinking about what the next steps are...thinking about how to bring this kind of atmosphere to my youth kids...thinking about everything but God, really. A lot of things to do FOR God. Not much about him or what he was actually asking me to do in that moment. I'm pretty sure he just wanted me to be.
I'm having quite a bit of trouble just being these days. It's really hard to sit still, even harder when I'm trying to sit still by myself. Something in me is just pushing all the time.
"Our souls are restless until they find rest in You"...the lead singer of the band last night whipped out some Augustine on us. But I needed that one. That pushing is not the enemy. It's just that...I'm pushing in every direction except the one that will satisfy that longing. Who knew? It's funny to me that I can be around God so much and still miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment