Sunday, March 9, 2008

I forgot to tell you this

I was going to write this down, but I forgot until today. So, pretend this was a month ago.

Last June, right after we got back from Hawaii, we were moving our stuff from Minnesota to Indiana. In the loading process, I dropped a chair on my middle toe on my left foot. This left a raised, completely black line across my toenail. Of course, I then started a scientific study to see how long it took to grow out a middle toenail. The answer: seven months! Does that seem particularily long to anyone else out there? Seriously. The middle toenail is not very large.

I've done some research for our mutual enlightenment:

Fingernails grow faster than toenails
19% of people cut their toenails with scissors
52% use nail clippers
19% ripped them off
4.7% chewed them off (really? Would you even admit to that?)
A healthy toenail takes almost a year to grow out completely (well, there you go).
Nails grow faster in the summer.
AND, men's nails tend to grow faster than women's.

I wish I had a graph for you. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Don't eat breakfast and check the Larson's blog simultaneously anymore. But very enlightening info. Who knew? Well, apparently someone who likes to do studies on toenails. But not me. So I have been both enlightened and grossed out. While eating breakfast. Not sure what kind of day this is going to be....