Friday, March 14, 2008

The 70th Post

I'm especially missing Minnesota today. Lakes, and the Minneapolis skyline...all our family...friends...Chi Alpha...the U of M...camp...even B-Town a little. Maybe it's because it's getting warmer down here, and I've never had it be spring here before. It's time for a carwash and walking over the Mississippi...watching 55,000 students reemerge out on to the Mall with their frisbees.... such possibility! ...like you're just on the edge of something.

Everyone I know is "just on the edge of something" these days. We're always growing...changing, taking steps...falling down, getting stronger...moving on. It's amazing how fast life moves...all the sudden you're sitting on your own couch, married and in a different state, working on your master's degree. And I STILL haven't figured anything else out...still asking the same questions...still just as far away from any feeling of "arriving" as ever.

Ah, we never arrive. Who ever really achieves self-actualization? I think only three people made it to the top of that diagram. Life...love...the will of God...all so much more daily than I ever assumed them to be. There is no a magic moment...just moments. And I'm cool with that. Okay. Good night. I miss you all. ...take the toenail survey.

3 comments:

Lloyd and Marci said...

Miss you too, sweetie! But MN is messy, dirty snow, and gray skies today. Spring is on the way, tho.
Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

You say it so well...

Nana and Grandpa said...

I did not see where my comment was published so I guess you never get them. Anyhow I wanted to tell you that we sure missed you yesterday and I was late with our out of town Easter Cards so you won't get it until this week. I don't have any excuse. We had a very good day but sure missed you both. We also celebrated your moms birthday which was fine. Her picture with her birthday pie is on Steph's blog. Anyhow just wanted to tell you that we missed you and really enjoy your blog and the church one too. Love you both,
Nana and Grandpa