Monday, August 20, 2007

We got them!

It's been awhile, but it's been a whirlwind few days. The first and most exciting news is, we got our wedding pictures! The links to the right of this post should work if you don't have facebook. There are way more pictures, and we'll send parents the whole CD soon.

In other news, everything we own is now in ONE place. And will be here for THREE WHOLE YEARS! We love it...it smells good and there is no rodents, and I've been washing clothes and dishes since I arrived with such ease and happiness!

School starts up soon, which is even more exciting now that we're on campus. We did get some bad news about one of the scholarships we were sort of banking on, but it was all seeming too easy anyway. It was starting to creep me out. As always, we'd appreciate prayers about our finiancial situation...we'll know more what steps to take when we start getting our support letter responses....those letters are going out today, by the way.

We also went on a staff retreat with the Bridge this last Thursday and Friday. It was good to get to learn some names, anyway, even though I didn't feel quite like I was IN, if you know what I mean. It's hard to come out of a really tight group like Chi Alpha that you've been part of for four years and then try to fit somewhere else. It takes time, I guess, and Phil keeps telling me to be patient.

Otherwise, things are going swimmingly. A lot of new adjustments, but that's all part of the whole adventure aspect. Hope things are going well on your side of the screen.

2 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

I'm so glad you are moved in now... miss you both.
-Sis

Brandt and Steph said...

Oh, also... pictures are incredible, by the way! So fun to look at. I want to see them all sometime.