Monday, July 9, 2007

What Did One Snowman Say To the Other Snowman?

I smell carrots.

While playing a rousing game of "In a Pickle," Phil and I stumbled upon this debate. First, I must educate you on the rules of play for "In a Pickle:"

Each player has cards with nouns on them. One card with one noun starts a column, and the column is built by stacking, card by card, nouns that the original noun would fit inside or the other way around. For example: water -> bottle -> refrigerator -> house.

Here is the series in question: There is a square, in a shower, in a cruise ship, in time, in a black hole. -OR- in the world.

Our question for you: can time exist IN a black hole? can time exist IN the world? If yes to both, which of these is "bigger?" That will be the winner. Thank you for your thoughts.

4 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

I would argue that time is actually the smallest thing there because time is in and part of everything. That person loses even before the black hole / world debate.

Brandt and Steph said...

That comment was from my husband, of course... the question is too elaborate for my mind :) I say... Kylee wins!
-Steph

Anonymous said...

Well, from my extensive knowledge of molecular physics and spacial and time dynamics, I must tell you that time, in and of itself, cannot exist within a black hole. For, as the black hole's momenteous gravitational force pulls all surrounding matter in, "time" as we know it slows down incrementally and, eventually, ceases to exist. Therefore, time cannot exist within a black hole. At least, that's what I got off of Stargate. And they, of course, know everything about stars and space and gates and taking out galactic bad guys.

Brandt and Steph said...

I have been thinking about this way too much, so for you geeks (Kylee & Teresa), check this out...

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=98808

-Brandt