Friday, July 13, 2007

It is Friday.

Today is Friday and very exciting. We started the day with a little bit o' The Cosby Show. THEN, we ventured out into the world to drop off a letter and buy some drain cleaner and beef broth. Tonight, Phil is going to go play drums, and I'm going to make some peanut butter cookies.

As there are only three people who read this, and we've spoken to you already, this may be a little redundant, but here's the news on the youth ministry front. We met with our pastor on Wednesday, and we're going to get tha ball rollin'. He is going to talk to a few people that he needs to talk to, as well as some people who might help with some of our funding. We need to fill out applications by next Wednesday and get a list together of people we can ask to pray for us and pay for us (isn't that a cute little word play?) while we do ministry there. He also asked us to attend a leadership retreat for high school students at the end of July, which we are planning on doing. Pretty exciting!

I've also decided that preschool teaching is not for me. It definitely has it's moments, but I spend half of my day waiting outside a bathroom and finding shoes. ...can't wait for seminary and some good ol' junior high students.

Mister Rogers quote of the day: "I like to swim, but there are some days I just don't feel much like doing it-- but I do it anyway!"

2 comments:

Lloyd and Marci said...

I read your blog every day. I love the updates, pictures, and menus. We are praying for you as you start this new adventure. We love you.
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Mr. Rogers...what a wise man. :)