Friday, August 22, 2008

MN trip so far

Well, we finally made it to a coffee shop with wi-fi. mmm....

On our plane ride up, we rode with a LOT of people that were going to some sort of comic book/anime/card game convention that I guess is being held in Minneapolis. This made for some interesting eavesdropping, but I do not judge, because you can find some pretty COOL people that have somehow ended up at one of those once...um...

THEN, we got to Minneapolis and looked at Marci & Lloyd's pictures from Korea. I'll have more info on Sunday when I'll get the whole scoop. At my mom's in Brainerd, I met up with my old friend Laura from high school...went to a sweet bead store...AND went kayaking. I got a blister and Phil beat me in a race...but, whatever, it was fun.

Then we got a tour of Bemidji, MN where my sis Marvo goes to school. We got to eat at GREEN MILL! My heart beats for that chicken stir fry salad. But it was even better to see Marv and what her life is about up there.

Got to my dad's house last night, watched some Olympics...today we went on an extensive driving tour, checking out the sites around here. Some I've never seen. Now we're going to go rent a movie and get some Poor Gary's Pizza...yes!

I guess I must be hungry...

Anyway, great trip so far, and we haven't even hit the party yet in Minneapolis. I'll be excited to get home too...yay school! My friend Abby will be back when I get there and Kirsten and I have a wedding to plan! More later...

No comments: