Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend in Review

I write to mark an important event in our lives. One might even say "turning point."

This weekend, we became Hoosiers.

First of all, and least exciting, Phil finally changed his license plates to Indiana ones (Indiana has THE most boring license plate possible, unless you want to get one with an eagle on it, which I wouldn't let him do. No offense to eagles or those that love them on license plates).

Secondly and VERY exciting, we attended our first real race at The Anderson Speedway. Yes. Yes we did.

We got some free tickets to the Little 500 race in Anderson...where they race sprint cars (like, I even know what sprint cars are. I'm legit). It got rained out on Saturday, but we went again on Sunday. SO FUN.

I really thought it would be dumb. It's NOT! You think, really? I'm going to watch cars drive in 500 circles? You'd think it would be boring but really it's sort of overwhelming and there is a lot to watch. The people behind us were involved with the #20 car, so that was even more fun to join the cheering section for that team (besides, he was running a 6 cylinder against people with way more money driving 8 cylinders...I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS TOO). He came in 3rd place. There was one awesome crash that was awesome and rolly and no one got hurt.

Plus, I got TWO bags of m&ms because I bought some Saturday before we got rained out.


1 comment: