Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I don't want that to be the last post I wrote

I just had this traumatic moment where I was worried that I would die suddenly and everyone would visit my blog to find inspirational words to remember me by and the last thing I wrote would be about Osama bin Laden and it would be really disappointing for people.

So, I am posting a new blog.

I also get this feeling a little bit after I say something pointless before I fall asleep at night. Like, really? Am I going to end my day by saying, "I really like water"? I just would like to close out my days more meaningfully.

We took Hashbrown to a dog park this weekend and he LOVED it. We loved it too because he was completely worn out for the rest of the night. My favorite part of the dog park was also my least favorite part (I am known for my ambivalence). Hashbrown had this bone-like toy that he found. We were throwing it for him and he'd catch it. This huge Saint Bernard runs up to him and we start getting nervous for our little Brown. But Hashbrown just dropped the toy right between him and this dog 4 times his size and growled, like, "WHAT?" And that Saint Bernard backed up! Hashbrown picked up his bone and trotted over to us, no problem. So, I was proud of my dog. I also felt a little bad that he was a bully. But I think I was mostly proud.

In other news, Phil and I are doing a joint teaching at Celebrate Recovery this week. Kind of weird to put something like that together TOGETHER, but I am really excited about it. Though we work together, we don't actually get to work together that often. And I like it.

Speaking of Phil, he is leaving this weekend to go celebrate with Jeff & friends in Las Vegas for Jeff's bachelor party. I'm pretty confident he's going to win us big money. If he does, I am going to go buy a dress at White House Black Market, because I've always thought that if I ever become rich I will shop there.

So there is my post about me and the boys that I love. Those are good last words for today, "I love my little family."

No comments: