Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jesus uses Spybot

I don't know how to preface this, but I was so humbled to be a part of it. God is big.

A met with a friend of mine today because she is preaching tonight at youth. I met with her to talk about her message...and we worked out a really cool one. I decided I'd go to youth tonight to hear it, even though I usually only go to High School youth on Thursday. Since I didn't have to be there until about 7:45, I decided to stay at the office and see if I could fix the computer at the receptionist's desk....put on some spyware and antivirus...delete some programs...just to make it faster because a new receptionist started last week and I wanted to help her out if I could.

So, I'm just sitting in here. Finding free antivirus stuff and trying it out. Of course it's taking forever and I regret that I even started. I needed to leave around 7:30, but I messed up a program I was trying to download, so I was getting a little late. I see a car pull up in the parking lot and this lady from our church and two men walk through the doors.

"I've just been praying there would be someone here!" she said, "I knew my odds weren't good." She asked if anyone was here, like our pastor or one of the lead guys from our Celebrate Recovery ministry. Chris, our pastor, is on vacation this week, but she still really wanted to talk to Jay from CR. I asked her what was going on and she explained to me that one of the guys with her had a drinking and drug problem, had a bad day, and was contemplating hurting himself. She had loaded him in her car and brought him here...to me and my computer.

I knew my odds of getting Jay at a free moment weren't very good, because he's a busy guy...but I called and....what do you know? He was strangely free. He came in about ten minutes and we all prayed together. Told him and his friend about Celebrate Recovery, and hopefully gave him a little hope.

I just feel like God is reminding me that he does the work. He has the plan. He works it out. I just show up, line up, follow up...watch and be amazed at it all. This guy had been drinking and in the dark. His friend's friend got sick so his friend came home and found him that way. The lady from our church prayed. I wasn't supposed to be here, and it wasn't supposed to take that long. Jay was home. Celebrate Recovery meets right here tomorrow. Beautiful. I am praising a God tonight who is big, with big plans and big love.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.

No comments: