We had a great time at our annual high school camp: The Summit. Our kids are amazing, so is Jesus. Phil did an incredible job, as did everyone else...Gabe, Joel, Amy. :) I love it.
We got back on Sunday afternoon, laid down for a nap...we had about a hour and half before a meeting we had. We started talking about camp...and then our alarm went off! We didn't get to sleep at all. Too much to say, I guess.
The meeting we had to go to ended up being great. One thing I am loving about our church family right now are the families. I love knowing the moms, dads, brothers, sisters of each family...watching them interact with each other and grow up. I appreciate feeling like part of all of this...love sitting and talking with adults and helping kids get more watermelon or turn on drinking fountains.
Monday and a little bit of today I was at Park Place putting up a prayer room, called, "The Reaching Room." SO much work, but it is going to be very cool. Libby, Phil, and one of our youth kids came over and helped during the day...so that was very good.
AND- today, we made a little progress on the house! We got all the carpet ripped up and hauled off...thanks to Angi Kinser, Drew, and the Ranahan men. Gabe & a youth kid came over and helped Phil pull up staples and that carpet tack board stuff. We swept, Phil mowed the lawn, I cleaned out the refrigerator, and we did some pruning (just so we could see the sidewalk). Oh, and we bought some pop for the freshly cleaned refrigerator as well, so, that makes it a little more offical. :)
3 comments:
Pulling up carpet is very rewarding. Staples... not so much.
Hang in there. It's a lot of work, but will be so fun on moving day. Wish I could be there to help you.
Love you lots,
mom
Pop definitely makes it more official!
Post a Comment