Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And so it begins...or continues...

We got our keys last night!

Phil carried me over the threshold of our new house. Then we just stood in the living room and laughed...I think he said something to the effect of, "What? How do we have a house?" We walked through all the rooms several times...Abby came over and looked at her new SWEET apartment (umm....). So yes, we reprogrammed locks and the thermostat...making it our own in little steps I guess.

We are so excited (I went to sleep thinking about it; I woke up thinking about it), and keep referring to each other as "homeowner." As in, "Hey, homeowner, could you grab that for me?" and "Hey, homeowner, here you go." Very fun. Walking though the house last night, however, was also a little overwhelming as I prepared the mental list of things I would like to work on.

We have lots of helpers I'm sure, and lots of time. Phil keeps reminding me that this can be a years-long project. So, back to excited for now....and paint samples :)

1 comment:

Heather & Nathan said...

Pretty cool feeling isn't it! Now all the fun begins!