I am watching TLC today, as there is Miss America Pageant television on all day...they've made a little bit of a reality show out of it. I'm watching the actual pageant with Abby and Kirsten tonight :) I'm going to wear lipstick. That's pretty much what's going on with me. Phil's working on a sweet video for our Feb. series at church...."The Love Dare." I'll post it when it's complete.
Inbetween portions of these shows, I am reading a book called Addictions and Grace, which so far has been very interesting. The author started by talking about how each of us has a desire in us to be loved...with passion. The root of the word passion is the word that means to suffer. So, to love with passion is to suffer in some sense. Sometimes that suffering gets too much, and so we can repress our need for it...or we can become addicted to something that attaches to this desire...makes us numb to our need and sort of satisfies for a little while. That's as far as I've gotten. It makes sense so far. Our church is starting a ministry called Celebrate Recovery in February...for people with "hurts, hang ups, and..." I can never remember the third one. :) Anyway, I'm going. I'm not sure why I feel so compelled, but I do, so I'm going.
What else? It's been a good/bad week. God is dealing with us on a few fronts...bringing out His truth in our lives. This isn't always the most fun, but He is so faithful in the meantime...blessing us through it...reminding us He's there and working for the good. So, it was bad...but it was good.
Well, Phil made me lunch...so I'm going to go eat that. :) What a good guy.
1 comment:
Miss you guys. Glad you are doing well. Love you lots,
mom
Post a Comment