Let's see. It's been an incredibly busy couple weeks...so I'm not sure I even kept any good stories in mind to write here. I have only two things on the calendar today, though, and so update I will!
Last week, Phil picked up three new percussion students for private lessons. Now seriously, if there would have been a percussion teacher like Phil around when I was in middle school...I would have been a master marimba-ist. But anyway, that is exciting because it's some extra $, and Phil gets another outlet for his mad skillz.
This last Sunday was super busy at church (super...who am I? Barney?)...which explains why last week was so crazy too. We launched a new series, had a Fall Festival, and our monthly worship service on Sunday. I needed that worship service so much....I forget who God is sometimes while I'm running around trying to do stuff "for him." It was a Mary vs. Martha moment.
School is going fine...I feel like I'm always a step and a half behind everyone else and where I should be, but I'm enjoying most of my classes. The workload is just intense, and I get so tired of it. I really couldn't do it without Phil telling me that I can...he's amazing to me. The mood around campus is pretty tense right now. On Monday a student came back to her apartment (in South Campus, right across the street from us), and was raped by a man in a ski mask who was waiting for her in her house. Nothing like that has really happened (or at least been reported) around here that anyone can remember. It's just hard to feel safe anywhere anymore.
Which leads me to my final thought (this got long for not really having anything to say). We watched the presidential debate last night and then the news. And all I heard over and over again is how afraid we are. We don't feel safe with our economy, inside our borders, in our communities, schools, families...so many even fear themselves. It's not hard for me to understand, in light of all of this, why people might have a hard time trusting God. If everything else we've trusted has proven fallible...how could we put our hope in one way? Seems like "trust in Jesus" might be a trite answer to a grieving and frightened world. I don't know the answer...but the Church needs an answer about how to be safe. ...those are the big questions for today.
1 comment:
I'm sorry stuff is a little rough. Check out the new trailer. That will make you happy.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html
Post a Comment