I'm not sure this will matter out of the context, but I'm reading an entire book tonight so I can write a paper on it, which is due tomorrow...haha, and I thought this was profoundish. Here you go!
"When our notion of God is confined to the nightmarish enraged Parent so many pretend to love, it is difficult to imagine God's love as other than barely tolerant pardon for ourselves and apparent favoritism toward others. But when we meet the God and Father of Jesus Christ, God's love emerges as a kaleidoscope of wonderful, merry and different operations. And your sin, while real, proves not to be the most important or interesting thing about you. At least as important as being forgiven by God, is having God explain you to yourself."
Good, right?
Phil is playing his keyboard and playing with his new MACBOOK! as I'm reading. Our feet are touching. :) These are good days.
No comments:
Post a Comment