Monday, December 3, 2007

6 months of bliss

Yesterday in AfterShock, Gabe talked about how we hear certain things so much that they don't mean anything anymore. Or how we "know" certain things about God, but are no longer captivated by Him. A good message on several levels.

Watching Phil play keys and sing backup...listening to him read scripture and speak passionately about his God...I was re-captivated. I "know" Phil's amazing. But I re-remembered yesterday. Funny how that "captivation" slips away so easily in the everyday knowing of a person.

These thoughts are brought to you by our 6th month-iversary! We bought an icecream cake to celebrate (one of the best ways to celebrate, I think).


2 comments:

Lloyd and Marci said...

Happy Anniversary! We love and miss you both so much. Can't wait til you come home!
Mom

Anonymous said...

May you have 60 years and more of continued bliss, my friends!