Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break In Review

Well, we returned late this afternoon. The first thing we did was pick up Hashbrown. When we got home we gave him a bath, and he hasn't left my side all night. This may be my favorite part of the day.

Gabe and Libby are incredible friends. I feel so blessed (I wish there was a less church-lady way to say that). They are fun, they love each other, and they take us for who we are. That is my favorite combination of things in any sort of person. Libby and I did a lot of talking about our perspective futures this break. It made me excited to have a couple to walk alongside it all with... that we'll go to their kids' weddings and graduations...be there when things are hard and awesome. Like I said, blessed.

The vacation was great. We slept in every day, ate a bunch of good food, climbed a mountain and toured a cave. We shopped at outlet malls and at Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers. This is my new hobby. I'm totally into it.

I took a few pictures but wish I would have taken more. I'll post them later (I probably won't). Looking forward to church this weekend. I miss everybody. Doesn't take me long to love coming home. :)

2 comments:

Better Youth Ministry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabe and Libby Reed said...

Weird, I was signed into my gmail and it was in as "Better youth ministry"...I forgot I used to blog about things I was learning in ministry! So it scared me when I saw it posted! ha, but here's what I put....

And we are blessed to have friends like you guys too. Couldn't ask for a more fitting couple in our lives that encourage us, remind us of who we are and aren't afraid to speak the truth even if it hurts. You guys are great...there, that's enough niceness coming from me for awhile :-) (this is Gabe, obviously! ha)