We are both sick.
Phil started it. I don't think it's fair that I should have caught it, as I already had my seasonal head cold. But no, here we sit with our Mucinex and Puffs. At least we're in it together.
And that's the beauty of it-- we're in it together. What an incredible blessing that is. One I didn't even understand or really even know I was signing up for. I knew I loved Phil, I knew the next step was to be married, I knew we'd get to spend all kinds of time together-- but I had really no understanding of what it meant to BE together. To be IN it together. To have somebody to be sick with and go to the laundromat with, to cry with, to rub your back, to tell you it's okay, to know you better than anyone else, to accept you completely...to get you laughing so hard while you have a chest-cold that you're both wheezing and coughing and about dying at the end of it.
Incredible.
2 comments:
So sorry you are both sick. Get it out of your system before you head to FL! Glad you can see the beauty of being in this "together"! Love that and love you both.
Mom
Very incredible! Not that you're sick, the love is incredible!
Post a Comment