Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Attacked

Yesterday we went for a bike ride.

It was off from the beginning. My back tire was completely flat. I hadn't ridden in a long time, so we filled it up and decided to go anyway. It pushed our departure time back so we had to change our route a little...decided to just bike to the library and return a dvd.

So we did.

When we got out of the library, my back tire was completely flat. It was about 9 pm. We decided that I would take Phil's bike back home, get the car, and pick up Phil and my bike.

I rode like the wind. (Because it was getting dark, and I didn't want Phil to get kidnapped).

I chose to go through 10th St. Park. Why? Who knows? It takes longer, actually, and it's creepier, and what was I thinking?

I was flying down the path by the river when I noticed the usual pack of geese congregating in the path. Now, I know that geese can be a little mean, but having ridden here many times, I know that they usually just puff up a little and get out of the way. Now, did I mention that I was FLYING? SO FAST! So fast, in fact, that I was in the middle of the pack of geese before I noticed a pack of little geese getting herded back to the river with them. This, I thought to myself, is going to be trouble.

About 1 inch from taking a young gosling's life, I slammed my hand breaks...almost sending me over the handlebars and definitely bringing me to a sudden stop in the middle of a pack of hissing and very angry parent geese. So, I start going again, and this HUGE GOOSE flies directly at my head and starts beating me with it's wings!! Hissing and hitting me!! And I was screaming and swinging at my attacker, and I fell of my bike!

I narrowly escaped with my life.

I picked up Phil and he was very sympathetic. My neck hurts a little today (for real!). Anyway. ....not quite what we had in mind for the evening.

2 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

So one could say you got "goosed" last night!

Brandt and Steph said...

That was Brandt, just so you know!