Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weekend Adventures

I bought Phil concert tickets to Skillet's Comatose tour for his birthday. So, we headed down to Indy last night, found the place and rocked. It was incredible. We also met some very interesting people...the most interesting we did not meet, but he was standing right in front of me and his little girlfriend kept stepping on my feet (so I'd yell really loud after the songs...hoping she'd get the hint...she did after awhile). Anyway, he looked like Joel Osteen, or at least a banker, but he was wearing a black-net shirt (it very probably was a leotard) underneath a black polo with the color popped. And...he had a dog collar thing...you know, with the spikes? he had one on his neck and a couple on his wrists...and a fake-fur leopard belt. It was curious. Mid-concert he took off his polo so it was just the net. ... ? Anyway...the concert was awesome :)

We had sort of wanted to stay in Indy after the concert. We didn't really want to pay for a hotel room, but it was supposed to be so nice today and we wanted to hang out there. So, we packed our air mattress and some blankets...thinking maybe we would find a safe-looking parking lot and just camp out in the back of the Tucson. While parking-lot browsing, we got thirsty and were running low on gas, so Phil pumped and I went in to get us some Gatorade. The guy behind the counter was real creepy (I'd give you the whole convo, but it's really only funny if I could do the voices), but the weirdest part was when he said I had a "cute little blouse thing" and then asked, "Indian Goddess?" And I was like..."what?" He said, "Indian Goddess, is that the fabric?" Me, "Oh, uh, I don't really know." He said, "Probably. Light, very comfortable, breathes well, good for the summer." Me, "Oh, well, that's been my experience...maybe?"

So, after that weirdness, we drove around and found St. Vincent's Hospital. Who kidnaps people out of cars at hospitals? NOBODY. So, we made a little fort, watched The Office on Phil's computer signed on to the hospital's wifi, and then slept in until like 10! Ha :) Worked pretty well...though I'm not sure how often we'll repeat.

We started driving around again this morning, and we ended up at the Zoo. We went, and it was a blast...we mostly end up watching the kids instead of the animals...but there were a lot of animals out today, so that was fun. It was great weather for zoo-ing today. We got to see the dolphin show too... ...cool. How does one become a dolphin trainer? What is the career path to that? Anyway...good times.

So, now we're home and Phil's doing laundry and I should probably do some homework. Excellent weekend though. :) I have a fun best friend.

1 comment:

erin. said...

I have no idea what degree you'd have to have for a dolphin trainer... if you find out, hey, let me know. Maybe I could scrounge up some money for another degree??

Skillet concert sounds AWESOME. Wow. Unfortunately, though, that picture of Joel Osteen in a black-net shirt's gonna stick with me for a while... two things I am NOT a fan of!

-E-bake