Monday, February 16, 2009

A return to normalcy...

Our house is absolutely out of control. Sometimes when life gets crazy I turn into one of those organized types. Sometimes, I forget that we actually have to live here. The last two weeks or so have been a case of the latter. Oops. I am intimidated now by the mess, and am hiding in our bedroom.

Valentine's Day was great, though it got off to a bit of a slow start. Phil was at a conference and didn't get back until about 5...so I took the opportunity to go to an AA meeting (I have to write a paper for a class...don't worry), but when I finally found it, no one was there. I drove around for awhile trying to find another (paper due today...)...but had no luck. I had to go yesterday during church. ...now that's an interesting experience. Powerful though.

When Phil got home, we got ready and I made spaghetti (I'm pretty sure those dishes are laughing at me from the sink as I type), and we headed off to the big Valentine's Day Dance! THAT was fun. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures. Someone probably did, so I'll get some up sometime. We looked good. Ha. Phil and I made it into the final three couples for the couple's dance contest!! When we were down to the final three, I saw one of the guys break dancing (well, pretending) and it was working for him. So I said, Phil! You gotta do it! He looked deep into my eyes and said, Okay. I'm doing it. He got down on the floor and busted a move...but sadly, it was what did us in. We got tapped.

Phil nominated me for Queen of the dance...and I totally won. So, we had some victory. I won a trophy...a ring, a candle, and a manicure/pedicure. The trophy is definitely my favorite of these items.

So, hopefully all of Phil's traveling is done and we can get back on schedule and get our house back in order. Just...not today.

2 comments:

Lloyd and Marci said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Can't wait to see pictures. Love you both so much.
Missing you,
Mom

Heather & Nathan said...

I think we need to see a picture of that sweet trophy!