Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Latest in My Personal Character Development

In fourth grade, we used to have multiplication bees. I hate bees of all kinds. I used to get the first flash card wrong on purpose so I could sit down. No wonder my math teacher said I was "feeble." 2x2 Kylee? 17.

It took a dramatic incident for me to notice this trend of unhealth. Amy and Jenna, my friends, are runners. And Phil and Joel decided to start running too. I am very out of shape. I'm quite sure I might hate running more than multiplication bees. It makes my teeth hurt and abnormal amounts of spit to build up. So, after Jenna and Amy invited me to run with them, I decided to run by myself once to see how awful I would be. I think I ran about three minutes. Then I stopped. Then I told everyone that I threw up so that they wouldn't make me run again.

I didn't really throw up. I also know what 2x2 is.

Anyway. I have a high level of anxiety around not being good at things. I would much rather just not do them. What sort of life is this, I ponder? In the wake of this realization, I may try to suck it up and show the world I stink at some things but will still try them. Maybe not running though.

Oh, I also think I'm lactose intolerant. How many times can a girl get diarrhea after dairy and not put it together?

3 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

hehe! wow- i miss you :) 4 days!

Heather & Nathan said...

I don't like to run either. You should lay by the pool some day with me in The Fort. Much better than running.

crossn81 said...

Running is one of the best things in the world! I'm definitely a little biased though. In a spelling bee in middle school one of the kids misspelled "dog" he spelled it "dag" lucky for him it was the practice round!