So, I am home enjoying some alone time this morning. Well earned too, as 17 middle schoolers spent the night in our house last night. At our highest point we had 23 ladies in this house! Have you been to my house? There were sleeping bags EVERYWHERE...though there wasn't much sleeping.
It was quite an event. We had a talent show...fireworks courtesy of our neighbors...LOTS of soda and snacks...movies, games, BOY TALK!!...all sorts of other talk...and lots of laughing. It was a good time!
Now, this might sound creepy, but one thing I love about working with kids...any age...is waking them up. That was my favorite part about working with the preschoolers too (during my limited stay at Anderson Christian School). No matter how much of a terror they are awake...there is always at least one sweet moment when they wake up...or at least when they are asleep. I just wanted to hug all my girls this morning...and that's pretty big for me...as I am not much of a hugger.
Anyway, that's the update. Phil and I are working like crazy today to get everything done for the two weeks we'll be gone. My big project this week is making an entrance into the auditorium that fits with the movie The Twilight Zone. Again, I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment