Monday, September 24, 2007

Travels

What a great weekend! Minnesota! We FINALLY got to see our niece Addie again...she is so sweet! Phil was making faces at her and she was laughing so much! We love her, we love her, we love her. Along with seeing the Larsons (and Phil getting to eat some of that beloved homemade pizza...which I now have the receipe for!) we went to Baker's Square for breakfast with so many wonderful people...my face hurt from smiling when it was over. :) My cousin Erin also got married on Saturday; it was a beautiful wedding and I got to see one side of my family...man, my sisters can dance (go Shannon...go Shannon...)! AND, Laura made us cinnamon rolls to send us off on Sunday! CRAZY FUN. My raccoon count is up to 90, as well, so that is very exciting. If you don't know what that means, don't even worry about it.

So, I should be working to catch up today...but as has already been mentioned, I view my birthday as more of a "birthseason" than a birthday. How hard should you really work during your birthseason? Honestly.

Today I started volunteering at Park Place Church of God in their food pantry for one of my classes. I wasn't really knowing what to expect, but it's going to be a good time. Phil's in his second week of teaching percussion lessons at East Side Middle School. They are going really well, and he look so cute in his teacher clothes. hahaha. He's got youth band practice tonight...he's playing KEYS this week! Switching it up a little. Keeping it real. He's also working on a date to put on a show with Raising Daybreak and some high school bands around Anderson; that's going to be a rockin' good time. I think that's all I got for now.

3 comments:

Brandt and Steph said...

We loved seeing you! Have a great week :)

Lloyd and Marci said...

Thank you so much for coming. It was a great surprise! See you soon at Homecoming. Have a fabulous birthday tomorrow!
We love you both!

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing - man, my sisters-in-law can dance! Had a great time! Next time we'll choreograph something! (This is Shannon, not Brent.) Happy Birthseason!!!! I should really try to use exclamation points from time to time...