Sunday, June 17, 2012
Five Years and Nine Shoes
Just call me a blogger today, because I'm on FIRE. I'm just updating all the blogs everywhere.
I'm currently sitting on the sunporch with Hashbrown, where we are playing this neat game where he gets a shoe to chew on and I take it from him and put it on the table. So far there is a stack of nine shoes. I've decided to call this game, "Shoes."
In other news, Phil and I just celebrated our five year anniversary! What? That is so old and mature of us, isn't it? We celebrated by getting free hotdogs at a craft fair in Broad Ripple (they were out of buns but we went for it anyway), and then last week we spent a couple days at Libby's family's lake cottage. It wasn't a super fancy celebration but it was a perfect one.
It's been quite a year, as I feel like I've been mentioning. I think I've heard other people say this, so I now say it, but when you go through rough things whilst being married, it's going to do one of two things: make you grow closer together, or make you grow farther apart. Praise God, we are closer this year than we've ever been.
It's these sort of turbulent times that show you what your spouse is made of. I'm so amazed to just keep finding a good man standing there by me. Every time it shakes, that's what shakes out: Phil Larson is a good man. Any more than that and it'll just get all mushy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment