Speaking of this, I read an amazing quote today: "We are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves, and I believe that to love ourselves means to extend to those various selves that we have been along the way the same degree of compassion and concern that we would extend to anyone else."
I haven't blogged in awhile because as on one hand there really isn't anything much happening, on the very next hand there are huge things happening. There are events of course: The Bridge moved into our very own building last Sunday. Phil is helping students discover and start relationships with Christ every week. He baptized a student today for the first time. I'm so proud of him. Hashbrown dug up some of our carpet but continues to be the best. And I am increasing the amount of times a day I'd like to hold babies. Also in the report is a women's discipleship group I've been in for about a month now. I can't even begin to describe what God has going on in my heart through this. And, next week I'm meeting with a counselor for the first time since college, where the "counselor" cried every time I talked to her (really? I didn't go back after cry #3).
Those are the events. How do you begin to describe the truth behind them or what they mean? Future Kylee will know, I suppose. It's funny to think about your life that way- about yourself looking back knowing what the outcome was....what is on the other side. We'll see, I guess. Outlook: hopeful.
1 comment:
Love the quote! Also, there are tons of things going on in your life!!! I want to come see you sometime that you're free in December. :)
Post a Comment