Phil and I met at a camp as counselors (as everyone who cares knows). We immediately clicked, even before we had noticed the potential love interest...and we decided to be "bff" that summer, in a sort of joking way. This led to some pretty awesome "bff" necklaces and many mushy notes later, but in the beginning, it was like our one joke together. So, one night that first week of training all the counselors had to get together in the dining hall and write support letters to their friends and families (is this a theme for us, or what? :). But instead of doing that, Phil and I wrote notes to each other. This is when I decided that Phil is hilarious. And here it is, the contents of that very note that started it all, for your reading pleasure (it is written on napkins, but you'll have to read it here):
Phil:
"Green monkeys fly in trees with blue grass in its toes of love with black dice."
Kylee:
"Dearest Philip, The monkeys have made my heart overflow with joy. How did you know they were my favorite jungle animal? Teresa, Jonathan, and Andrea say hello. Do you like orange monkeys? Circle yes or no. --Kylee"
Phil:
(wrote in) "Or I do if you do" (and circled it)
Kylee:
"Umm...I don't know!!!! Maybe I do.... um... I DO!!!"
Phil:
"My dearest Kylee, Well...then I guess I do! I really like orange monkeys!!!!!!!!!"
Kylee:
"YAY!"
Phil:
"Orange monkeys make really good orange juice don't you think? Circle yes or nope."
Kylee:
(circled nope) "Umm...orange monkeys make great GRAPE juice...dummy."
Phil:
(he actually cried while writing this, which I found so funny that I laughed until I was crying, and then we were both crying and it was funny) "My dearest Kylee, As I struggle to write this letter...my heart overflows with sorrow and these tears of grief overflow...(I can't contain these feelings)...they overflow like an ever flowing stream of sorrow...I can't stand it...my heart aches within me and I feel like nothing will feel better. I could have sworn that orange monkeys made great orange juice...I'm sooo sorry! I should have known better. Will you forgive me my love?!?! I don't know if I can go on like this. Orange monkeys really do make good grape juice. I'm sorry! Best friends."
Kylee:
"Dearest Philip, I never meant to hurt you. It kills me to see you cry. Phil, I never meant to make you cry. You aren't a dummy- in fact- you're a smarty. Like those cool little round candy things that clowns throw at you during parades. I'm afraid of clowns. But I think monkeys are very cool. So are Phils. Especially Phil Larsons. --Kylee"
Yes. That is what started it all. Oh young love. So dumb. :) Hahaha. (Phil Larsons are still my favorite).
2 comments:
:) :) :) :) :) Ah, memories! Loved reading and reliving this one! Thanks for posting it, and congrats again on 6 years of friendship and 3 year of marriage! Love you both!
That is fantastic!
Post a Comment