Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dedicated to Shannon Minkkinen

Lots of things going on here in Anderson, IN. First of all, I graduated! Secondly, I started a new job. Thirdly, we found out yesterday that the school our church meets in wants us out after June 27th. That's a little earlier than we were anticipating, and a little earlier than we are ready to be in our new building. Lots of things to figure out. I guess you choose to be discouraged and overwhelmed or excited and ready. We choose to be pumped!

Highland Prom was last weekend. Now, prom was a "big deal" where I grew up...or so I thought until I moved here. It's amazing. They have prom in the same place downtown every year. HUNDREDS of people gather downtown and LINE this one street. And then the students come; they come in limos, stretch hummers, classic cars...some get even more creative...this year there were students on boats pulled by trucks, motorcycles, SWAT vehicles...you name it. They come and get out and for one night it is like they are FAMOUS. Red carpet and photos and SO many people. But this year, our students set a whole new bar of cool: (they made the newspaper)

They, excuse me for this expression, PIMPED OUT our youth bus!! Painted it black, rims gold, they even painted whitewalls on the tires. They put a stereo system inside pointing out so for about a block down the street we heard them. But we saw them long before that. All the guys climbed up on the roof and were just awesome. Better yet? Gabe and Phil dressed up in tuxes, Gabe drove and Phil served as a butler...offering breath spray and everything. :) It was incredible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kylee. That was great.