Friday, November 6, 2009

Yard work break :)

Well, we just got back yesterday from an unexpected trip to Minnesota. The reason for the trip was sad, but it was good to be with family...so there was a little sweetness among the sadness. Among the many family members we got to visit with, we met our nephew Eli for the first time. He is perfect. :) And I got to cuddle with Addie, and as you may have guessed, she is perfect too.

We got back at about 1 am yesterday morning. Then we woke up and went straight to work. Phil had tons to do because he has his youth night on Thursdays. Though I don't have a ton to do this week (new series started last week), I am feeling very stressed. I'm not even sure why. I all the sudden feel very behind on things, but they aren't exactly new things I've been behind on. For example, I woke up this morning with high levels of anxiety because we haven't done anything with our yard or the basement bathroom.

Why I picked today to feel like these things needed to be done immediately, I don't know. But, I went to Walmart and bought some compost bags...raked up about 10 bags full so far. That's just the backyard. I also really want to get all the junk out of our flower beds so I can plant some daffodil and tulip bulbs this weekend.

But of course I got hungry and came inside where it's all nice and warm, and it seems pretty tempting to stay in. Maybe just until Phil gets home from work... I don't know :)

2 comments:

Megan Gilmore said...

Congrats on your initiative! I'm planning on planting some bulbs next weekend too! I'm a first time bulb planter so I'm pretty excited.
Also, sorry about your grandpa. I know that was unexpected for you.

Heather & Nathan said...

I can't wait to see you new house and yard! I'm very sorry about your Grandpa Kylee.