Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving! I really wanted to be the first to tell you, and it's 12:32 am, so perhaps I did it.

I started out kind of stressed and very anxious today. I was rushing around. I left a sleeping Phil to go pick up some serving bowls for our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow...I rushed around Hobby Lobby trying to find some decorations, I got overwhelmed with my pies in the kitchen...I didn't even know how to start cleaning our really messy house...

And then I realized...I love Phil when he's sleepy. I love Hobby Lobby. I love baking, and I love when my house is clean. And I've never minded mopping a floor. Phil was home with me all day, and he turned on some Christmas music and made me a new mix-CD. And I love Christmas music and mixed CD's. I love having people at my house, and I love my friends. And all of these things that were stealing my joy, stressing me out, making me anxious....are actually the things that bring me joy and that I should be thankful for.

So I just told myself to chill out and enjoy my life, which is so enjoyable. And it was a great day. And I am very thankful.

2 comments:

Lloyd and Marci said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your day with your friends. We will miss you at our table. We love you both so much!
mom and dad

Heather & Nathan said...

We love you too!!! Your Thanksgiving was amazing! I too dedicated a blog post to the amazing Thanksgiving with Phylee!